Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 7 $14.53
Under the direction of the Administrative Manager and Supervisor for Field Strategy “FST”, plan and perform a wide variety of administrative duties working for up to five Geographic Coaches “Geo Coaches”. Perform complex duties in an established field in a fast paced office environment under frequently changing conditions. Supervision received consists of in-depth and on-going training we provide, assignment of the problem, and discussion of its nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Serve as the Administrative Assistant to up to five Geographic Coaches in FST, relieving them of a variety of technical and administrative duties; assist others as directed; ensure schedules and time lines are met/followed; actively participate as a member of the FST Administrative team.
- Learn in-house databases and develop ability to provide required information, tracking and reports. Manage the funding and “SPQ” (Strategy Planning Questionnaire) process and all related duties with accuracy and according to schedule. Track funding data, etc., in Excel.
- Compose and handle both international and domestic communications via email, fax, and telephone or in person where judgment, knowledge and application of policies may be necessary on behalf of the Geo Coach and as the communication liaison for your area(s).
- Handle trip preparation including travel arrangements (domestic and international, including visa requests), (PowerPoint) presentations, printing of documents, preparation of thumb drives and post trip follow-up. Maintain inventory of materials and products as required.
- Handle all aspects of scheduling, including preparation, notification and execution of a variety of meetings and conferences, etc., reserving conference rooms and necessary equipment along with providing meals, etc., as required.
- Participate in meetings and committees as assigned; take notes as applicable, including proper handling of material of a confidential nature; prepare and type a variety of correspondence, agendas, memoranda, reports, notes and other materials, and distribute to assigned staff.
- Assist with annual budget process, enter budget data, maintain budget balances and monitor expenditures of funds; review transactions and follow up on discrepancies. Process reimbursements and requests for vendor checks as required.
- Facilitate the Licensing Agreements per policy.
- Maintain integrated filing system in conjunction with JFP protocol for all e-mail files, electronic files stored on computers, and all related paper files, media, archives, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY:
- Advanced operations and techniques of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel, and other office related computer software, programs and Apps.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, telephone communication skills, as well as proofing and editing skills, using correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Be well-organized and able to multi-task, and make decisions on the Geo Coach’s behalf when he is unavailable, serving as liaison for the Geo Coaches to all International U.S. Staff, as well as partners, other ministry leaders, and the general public.
- Type at 60 words net per minute from clear copy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to 2-3 years college level course work in business administration and related field and at least 3-5 years of experience in an office management or administrative positions of increasing responsibility including advanced level computer applications and willingness to learn the technical aspects of the position.