Pay Level: Negotiable
Advise, train, coach and consult with ministry’s Human Resource representatives, ministry leaders and others concerning human resource policy and legal issues that affect the ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times.
For this position:
- Inform, advise, coach and train LDHR, ministry leaders, team leaders and others concerning human resource/legal issues, policies, procedures, best practice and requirements. Research and recommend new policies or changes in current internal policies, procedures and guidelines to better meet ministry goals and objectives in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Consult with LDHR, ministry leaders, legal counsel and others concerning application of laws, rules, regulations, policies, Human Resource best practice and guidelines to specific matters and investigations. Prepare and present formal training and development programs in Cru policy, and employment law issues.
- Ensure I-9 compliance for the ministry by performing quarterly audits; identify errors and develop an action plan to reduce fines. Coach and educate Personnel Records Team to ensure proper execution of all I-9s.
- Analyze and advise LDHR throughout the ministry on medical leave policies. Coach and provide ongoing training.
- Assess and Advise LDHR regarding the discipline process and terminations throughout the ministry; draft separation agreements.
- In conjunction with the Compensation Specialists, provide counsel and expertise to LDHR and ministry leadership concerning specific wage issues and compensation laws and structure, Human Resource processes and procedures.
- Oversee all aspects of unemployment claims for the ministry. Coordinate with LDHR to provide information and prepare documents. Consult legal counsel as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of current legal issues, trends, policies, and guidelines that affect the ministry.
- Serve on various teams and task forces as assigned by the General Counsel.
- Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
- Personal Development – engage in the Staff Development process including creating and implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth.
- Other assigned work-related duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Biblical principles in order to advise effectively in key position
- Cru Human Resource policy and practice
- Current legal requirements, applicable laws, government regulations and prevailing practices in human
- Resource management and employment issues
- Employee relations skills
- Training and development resources, systems and principles
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Apply Scriptural principles to development efforts.
- Interact and communicate with all levels of leadership in Campus Crusade for Christ, and to do so in a confidential manner
- Develop record processes to maintain confidentiality and integrity of matters
- Develop and maintain effective working and interpersonal relationships including ministering to other believers.
- Clearly discern and evaluate character, performance and human relation issues
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Operate computer terminal, including word processing, spreadsheets, database management, and e-mail functions.
- Provide technical information and assistance concerning human resources policies and employment law
- Resolve conflicts, confront and communicate truth in a spirit of love and cooperation.
- Give clear, effective presentations to individuals, small and large groups.
- Effectively present information to top management leadership teams and work groups
- Work independently with little direction
- Research legal databases
- Travel occasionally
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, plus at least seven years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous Campus Crusade for Christ experience preferred. HR Professional certification (SHRM or HRCI).