Pay Level: $3,859/mo.
Provide CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) systems support and training for client base consisting of national ministry fund developers across Cru ministries, their leadership, and their support/administrative teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times.
For this position:
- Lead CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) system training sessions for fund development personnel.
- Determine information needs of national, regional and local Fund Development teams through discussion and interviewing.
- Manage CRM system enhancements and ongoing maintenance, including defining business requirements and testing to ensure requirements are met.
- Work with high level technical experts in design development, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
- Support clients and provide solutions as needed to resolve customer complaints or program errors.
- Respond to needs or suggestions for improvements to CRM systems. Help create solutions by using the best practices of managing CRM data and processes.
- Develop/troubleshoot data process solutions for mass data imports, changes, or deletes, in order to meet ongoing needs of ministry development teams and maintain data hygiene. Work closely with Digital Products & Services (DPS), Donation Services (DSG), and Cru ministries.
- Develop reporting/analytic tools for use by Fund Development staff across the ministry, including reports and metrics for ministry leadership.
- Create fund development system user manuals, documentation, and training modules.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Siebel Business Intelligence, Adobe Marketing Cloud, and reporting tools such as Access database, Siebel CRM (particularly marketing module), DSS Web Site, Crystal Reports, and Goldmine
- Database concepts, use of Access database, and existing file structures of Cru systems
- Web and application programming logic and skills including SQL and HTML
- Google Apps and Microsoft Office products (especially spreadsheets)
- Cru organizational structure and current Cru systems
- Standard office products (Excel in particular)
- Interaction between development systems (including data flow)
- Utilize effectively Siebel Business Intelligence, Adobe Marketing Cloud, and reporting tools such as Access database, Siebel CRM (particularly marketing module), DSS Web Site, Crystal Reports, and Goldmine
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency when using Google Apps and Microsoft Office products (especially spreadsheets)
- Demonstrate high level critical thinking skills
- Act independently under general direction
- Train development professionals on tools, features, and functions available
- Balance projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Write and speak clearly and persuasively and interact effectively with all levels of development staff and management
- Work with technical experts across the ministry to solve complex problems
- Travel as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (in information systems, data analysis, or related field)
- Plus 3 years of experience in related field
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.