Cru has a long-standing history of being a pioneer in world Christian Missions. We are looking for the most talented individuals with a passion and burning desire to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ proclaimed to the nations.
We are looking for a team leader to support the general ledger accounting team. The Accounting Team Leader oversees all general ledger-related activities: proper application of US GAAP, overseeing the recording accounting transactions (monthly, quarterly, and annual), reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations and account analyses. Are you an excellent problem-solver, with a focus on process improvement? Then read on!
Applicant should be a strong team leader capable of leading a team of at least 7 staff and experience with interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Applicant must have a strong desire to lead a team spiritually and a commitment to growth.
- Managing month-end close process;
- Ability to complete timely reviews and approval of all balance sheet accounts, including monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger account reconciliations;
- Possessing strong accounting knowledge with the ability to analyze and solve technical and operational accounting issues;
- Diving into the details and identifying issues, creating an environment focused on reducing inefficiencies by continual process improvement;
- Identify areas for operational improvement, provide recommendations and execute on the changes
- Assistance with development, maintenance and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Developing the accounting team and fostering a feedback-rich culture
- Work alongside the team on strategic projects.
- Coordination of interim and year-end financial audit requests
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in non-profit accounting
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage an accounting team and drive continuous process improvement
- At least 3 years of people management experience. Proven ability to recruit, manage, train and coach staff
- Excellent interpersonal and planning skills, including task prioritization and effective time management
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (macros, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with accounting software such as PeopleSoft FSCM a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written, ability to communicate confidently and professionally with all levels within the organization.
- Solution-focused with the ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks.