Pay Level: Unit 3, Level 9 $2,938 min
Plan and perform a wide variety of project management & administrative duties. Perform complex duties in a fast paced office environment under frequently changing conditions. Supervision received consists of assignment of the problem and discussion of its nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times.
For this position:
- Coordinate and lead project teams, as assigned by Global Technology Director, to create field focused technology tools and applications. These project management responsibilities will include:
- Consultations with the Director to clearly identify goals and objectives for each project
- Identify and secure resources needed
- Facilitate meetings and discussions related to specific projects
- Monitor results and make periodic reports to Director on overall effectiveness
- Serve as the Administrative Assistant to the Global Technology Director, relieving him of a variety of technical and administrative duties; assist others as directed.
- Compose and handle both international and domestic communications via email, fax, and telephone or in person where judgment, knowledge and interpretation of policies may be necessary on behalf of the Director; prepare and type a variety of correspondence, agendas, memoranda, reports, notes and other materials, and distribute to assigned staff.
- Act as communication liaison on behalf of the Director with foreign nationals from different ministries as well as coordinate with other partnering agencies to accomplish assigned objectives.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures as required.
- Disseminate information and schedules to staff as necessary to assure effective coordination of department or program functions; provide information in accordance with internal policies and procedures protecting confidentiality.
- Participate in meetings and committees as assigned; take notes as applicable, including proper handling of material of a confidential nature;
- Handle all aspects of scheduling, including preparation, notification and execution of a variety of meetings and conferences.
- Handle trip preparation and follow-up including travel arrangements (domestic and international, including visa requests) and presentation materials.
- Maintain budget balances; execute and monitor expenditures of funds, including reimbursements. Maintain integrated filing system for all e-mail files, electronic files stored on computers, and all related paper files, media, archives, etc.
- Demonstrate abilities and skills in the area of project management and implementation.
- Be well-organized and demonstrate ability to multi-task
- Make decisions on the Director’s behalf when he is unavailable.
- Work independently and demonstrate discernment and judgment in position and to act and anticipate the needs of the Director. This position requires a high degree of integrity as they often work with confidential and sensitive information.
- Be detail-oriented and capable of working under pressure with time constraints/deadlines.
- Handle instantaneous changes to job priorities and schedules, and work with diplomacy, and demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the mission and purpose of Cru.
- Project management principles and techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of ministry procedures and operations.
- Advanced operations and techniques of Microsoft Office type applications including Word and Excel, and other office related computer software such as PowerPoint and Publisher. Additionally, must be proficient in the Google suite of tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, telephone and communication skills, as well as proofing and editing skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to 2-3 years college level coursework in business administration and related field and at least 3-5 years experience in an office management or administrative positions of increasing responsibility including advanced level computer applications and willingness to learn the technical aspects of the position.