YOUR ROLE IS CRITICAL: YOU SET THE STAGE
When you teach another person how to use Soularium™, you not only shape their experience, but the experience they pass on to others and, most importantly, the experience of the person with whom they use Soularium™. So it’s critical they understand how the tool was meant to be used — the philosophy and understanding of God, people, and the gospel that shaped its design.
Quite simply, how you train others matters.
Consider this: The purpose of Soularium™ is not “to get to the gospel.”
THE HEART OF SOULARIUM™
Soularium™ is designed to help us genuinely and sincerely explore and understand another person’s story.
We are confident that the Holy Spirit will open doors to the gospel during many Soularium™ conversations — perhaps even most. But it’s possible to have a successful Soularium™ conversation that doesn’t get to the gospel.
So this raises the question, what is a successful Soularium™ conversation? It’s successful if the user does these five things:
- Initiates a conversation
- Asks (open-ended) questions
- Genuinely listens
- Explores the other person’s life story
- Follows the leading of the Holy Spirit
STEP-BY-STEP TRAINING PREP: THREE EASY STEPS
STEP 1: GET READY
All resources are found here.
- Download the Training Videos: “Getting Started” & “Going Deeper”
- Download & print the article: “Training Videos Discussion Guide” (This is for you.)
- Download & print the article: “How to Use Soularium™” (Print a copy for everyone who’s being trained.)
- Purchase Soularium™ . (Ideally one per person, but could be shared by 2-3 in a training group if needed.)
STEP 2: PREP
- Watch the videos and read the articles yourself. (Don’t forget to do the action steps!)
STEP 3: TRAINING DAY
- Distribute Soularium™ to individuals or discussion groups.
- Simply walk through the “Watch, Discuss, Practice, Share” steps in the article: “Training Videos Discussion Guide” (For large groups, see “Adapt to Fit Your Situation” below.)
- Give each person a copy of the article: “How to Use Soularium™” as a summary/reminder of what they’ve learned.
ADAPT TO FIT YOUR SITUATION
You can easily adapt the above steps to fit the number of people you’re training to use Soularium™: individuals, small groups, and large groups. If it’s a larger group, have them break down in smaller groups of 3-4 to discuss the questions and apply the action steps that you walk them through from up front.
If you’d like to talk to one of the creators of Soularium™, email LeighAnn.Dull@cru.org.
Enjoy using Soularium™!