Pay Level: MM 3/19 $65,000
The UX Designer will be responsible for shaping the user experience of our digital properties. You will be responsible for creating experiences for our users that maximize brand value, customer engagement and conversion across the web and digital devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize various professional software tools/technologies to rapidly prototype and evaluate designs including wireframes, paper and interactive prototypes, storyboards, and polished screen mockups for new features on our digital properties.
- Create and assist in development of design and technical specifications.
- Produce sketches, designs, and layouts. Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, systems interfaces and usability.
- Assist front end developers in writing responsive HTML/CSS code for user experiences.
- Create a design framework that results in a consistent visual communication strategy for our writers, editors, graphic designer and video producers that tells our story, builds the brand and motivates our constituents to increased involvement.
- Collaborate with content strategists, front-end developers and programmers to design Cru’s user experience to meet ministry brand objectives, usability studies, metrics, and real-time.
- Assist clients in seeing the impact and value of content and design strategies with social media, video, and animation.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of user-centered design and related design methodologies.
- Expand the Cru brand style guide to include guidelines for website design.
- Work in multiple development environments (e.g., GitHub and SASS) that support Cru’s digital marketing platform.
- Advocate usability best practices for internal and customer facing applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of W3C recommendations, accessibility issues, and best practices.
- Knowledge of digital marketing platforms, including content management systems.
- Master of web standards and design principles.
- Mastery of common tools: Adobe Creative Cloud, version control, and prototyping/wireframing software such as Axure, iRISE, Visio, etc.
- Strong design sensibilities: typography, composition, motion, and color theory.
- Leading design projects either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to tactfully facilitate meetings, requirement gathering, and status updates.
- Have a broad understanding of issues related to the cognitive, social, cultural, technological, and economic contexts for design.
- Expertly design to inform, inspire, educate, entertain, brand, market, and sell.
- Develop solutions that address diverse users/audiences and organizational direction.
- Understanding of and ability to connect social media and the evolving interactions between the web, people, and the organization.
- Ability to create highly detailed wireframes.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic, and truly passionate for user-centered design and user experience.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree in HCI (Human Computer-Interaction), graphic/visual design, or related field equivalent work is a plus.
- Advanced experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks or professional equivalent.
- Advanced experience modern web application concepts and methods including (yet not limited to) user interfaces, image optimization, client side scripting, web accessibility standards, design & development standards, and cross-platform issues.
- Proven creative thinking and problem solving skills