“If I could start Cru all over again, I would begin by including ministry with professors.” — Bill Bright
WHAT DOES FACULTY COMMONS DO?
For more than 25 years, we have pioneered faculty ministry under the name Christian Leadership Ministries. We are transitioning to our new name, Faculty Commons. We are excited about this change, as we believe this new identity will better position us to minister to both professors and students in the academy.
On campuses all over the world we help Christian faculty gather as a “transformed minority” of men and women who love the academy, who find the person and works of Jesus of Nazareth to be satisfying and true, and who look to Him as the beautiful hope for the world.
We dream of the day when there are movements of Christian professors on every campus, circles of professors willing to wrestle with the ever- challenging question, “As a Christian, what should I do in the academy?”
HOW DO WE ACCOMPLISH THIS?
Through our fulltime staff of nearly 100, and in partnership with many other USCM staff and volunteers, we help professors:
- Grow in their faith journey in Christ and become leaders to emulate;
- Integrate their personal faith with their teaching, research, publishing and service as a holistic endeavor
- Include a Christian worldview in discussions throughout the campus community and the greater culture.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
1. Cultivate a Vision For a Student-Faculty Ministry. What would your campus be like if Christian professors and students were united in reaching the university?
2. Build Relationships. Professors often have few Christian friends on campus; your encouragement may make a real difference in their life.
3. Involve Profs In What You Are Already Doing. Professors would love to meet committed Christian students; some may be willing to speak at meetings or help with outreaches.
CONNECTING TO FACULTY COMMONS
You can find more helpful information at our website: www.facultycommons.com
You can reach Faculty Commons at 972-516-0516 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org