The whole of Cru is deeply grieved by the tragic loss of life that took place Sunday morning in our Orlando community. As we mourn with the families and friends of the victims, we stand ready with our prayers and actions to serve with the love of Jesus.
Each life lost was not only loved by many but also created in the image of God with the value and dignity that He confers. Together we stand in opposition to the injustice of inexcusable violence and in solidarity with the Central Florida community as we move forward in the coming days.
As the nation grieves, we encourage all followers of Jesus to be sensitive to how God would have you represent Him with tangible love within your communities.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Rom. 12:21)
How Orlando Residents Can Help
You can volunteer to help by filling out this form. City of Orlando officials will contact you as soon as possible to let you know where your services will be helpful.
The City of Orlando has created the OneOrlando Fund to help Pulse victims' families.
These are some known locations that are still open for donations. However, people are being highly encouraged to go online to OneBlood and make an appointment for later in the week to donate, due to long lines and low supplies.
- Asbury United Methodist Church Bloodmobile, 220 W. Horatio Ave., Maitland
- Apopka Donor Center, 131 North Park Ave, Apopka
- AMC 18 Altamonte Mall, 433 E. Altamonte Drive, Altamonte Springs
- St. Luke's United Methodist Church Bloodmobile, 4851 S. Apopka Vineland Road
- Orlando Main Donor Center, 8669 Commodity Circle, Orlando
- Oviedo Donor Center, 1954 W. State Road 426, Oviedo
- Metro Church Bloodmobile, 1491 E. State Road 434, Winter Springs
How you can pray
- Pray each night for a different victim's family and friends as they walk through the grieving process. Pray by name. Then read Romans 12 out loud, praying that the Lord would break your heart for those who are grieving and for the survivors dealing with the trauma they experienced.
- Pray that you can have grace-filled conversations with people about this attack and that those conversations glorify God and bring light to His mercies.
- Pray for Orlando, that it would heal and that God's presence would be known.
- Pray for Christians in Central Florida that they would serve their community and make Christ known.