We provide a comprehensive, interactive training workshop addressing topics such as:
- Spiritual Development: Spiritual Warfare, Biblical View of Children, Christ-Centered Ministry, Sharing the Gospel concretely with children
- Child Development: Discipline, Experiential Learning, Children and Salvation
- Curriculum Needs: Bible Club, Practical Living, Crafts, Recreation, Tutoring Program
- Team Building: Working As A Team, Getting to Know One Another, Relational Ministry
- Center Organization: Volunteer Management, Purpose Statement, Guiding Values, Typical Weekly Schedule, Philosophy of Ministry, Organizational Structure, Emergency Procedures
The purpose of this training is to equip our partner ministries with the quality tools and resources needed to realize their vision for reaching the youth (grades K-12) in their communities. We commit to partnering with them with a wholistic approach to the gospel of Jesus Christ, using the strategy of win-build-send. An "in-your-life" mentoring approach is a high value of ours that carries throughout our training. We encourage a biblical model of discipleship with low youth-to-adult mentor ratio (5:1).
In addition to the training and coaching, the Cru Youth Development team journeys with the local Cru staff and partner ministry directors and pastoral staff. We are here to help leverage such strategic partnerships as Christian Community Development Association, Urban Youth Workers Institute, YouthPartnersNet, and SnowRidge Camp, helping to further equip these committed teams for a lifetime of ministry to their youth.
We desire to see the multiplication of passionate followers of Christ and transformed communities in the urban areas across the country through the tool of S.A.Y. Yes! Centers for Youth Development®.
Training sessions are offered in cities across the country throughout the school year. Please contact the Cru Youth Development coordinator in your city for details about upcoming training sessions.