March 3 – 9, 2018
• $200 (if you do not have a current background check through Cru)
• $180 (if you already have a current background check through Cru)
- Participants will be divided up into teams to serve at various inner-city ministries. All teams will get to minister to inner-city kids/teens (which may mean spending a day in a Detroit public school), be involved in evangelistic outreaches and work projects and adult ministry, including ministering to urban college students and the homeless. Breakfast will be a continental breakfast served at the housing site. We will eat all of our dinners together. Lunch will be on your own around the ministry sites.
What to Bring
- Toiletries, sleeping bag, pillow, towels, slippers/house shoes, casual clothing, work clothing, an outfit for services at a formal African-American church, and a dressy outfit for the possibility of spending the day at a Detroit public school, gym shoes, $45 for lunches and transportation costs, musical instruments and music for worship times, Bible, notepads, cards and games for the evenings, extra towels, all insurance forms, a car if at all possible — in the Motor City we drive a lot!! Note: sharing hairdryers, curling irons, etc., is helpful.
- We'll be staying in close quarters, so keep that in mind as you pack.
Each city requires the following:
- Group reservations of at least five people. (If this is a problem, ask the UI City Coordinator to try to link you with another group.)
- At least one staff person to attend with each group. (Some exceptions made.)
- Participation for the entire Urban Immersion week.
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is due as soon as possible to reserve your spot with each city. Spots are limited and often fill up quickly, so send in your deposit early.
- All participants must be at least 18 years old.
Urban Immersion Coordinator