5 ways to pray for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight
On Saturday March 8, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 lost communication with air traffic control and never reached its intended destination. What information that has been gathered indicates foul play.
The pilot’s last verbal communication occurred less than an hour after the plane’s departure. After that last communication, the plane’s GPS tracking system was switched off. About an hour later, the military radar detected the plane hundreds of miles off course.
These are the points of reference provided by a commercial satellite that picked up the plane at 8:11 a.m. – about 7 and one-half hours after the plane’s initial departure. The plane, with its 227 passengers and 12 crew members, has not been seen or heard from since.
As the search continues for the missing plane, and people begin to circulate conspiracy theories, let’s remember first and foremost to pray for the entire situation.
Here are some specific ways we can pray for those aboard the flight and their families and friends as they deal with this tragedy.
- Pray for wisdom for the military and other individuals from 26 countries who are searching for this missing aircraft. Pray that they would have wisdom where to search. “But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him” (James 1:5).
- Pray for God’s comfort and care for those families and friends who are hoping for the safe return of their loved ones. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God” (2 Corinthians 1:2,3).
- Pray for God’s grace for those affected by this situation. “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed” (2 Corinthians 9:8).
- Pray for hope for those affected by this including families and friends of the passengers. “This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil” (Hebrews 6:19).
- If someone intended evil with this plane, pray that God would redeem it for good. “As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive” (Genesis 50:20).
“Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).
Please connect with your friends and don’t keep your faith to yourself. Gather together and pray. Connect with your Facebook friends and create a ripple effect of praying for this situation. With God all things are possible.