How You Can Pray With Confidence
Learn more about how to pray with confidence with these study guides.
- What is prayer? Why is prayer important?
- Whom does God hear when they pray?
a. John 9:31
b. Psalm 66:18
c. Mark 11:25
d. Proverbs 15:8,29
- Why would unconfessed sin hinder or halt your prayer life?
- What do these verses teach about how to pray?
a. Psalm 145:18
b. Matthew 6:5-7
c. Matthew 21:22
d. Philippians 4:6
- What vital elements of prayer are found in Acts 4:24-30?
- What vital elements of prayer did Christ include in his prayer in John 17?
- What part does prayer have in witnessing?
- How would you explain the elements of the model prayer Christ gave his disciples in Matthew 6:9-13?
- When should you pray? Is one time "better" than any other?
- What are some of the promises Christ makes to you when you pray?
a. Matthew 6:6
b. Matthew 18:20
c. Luke 11:9-13
d. John 14:13, 14
- What are the four parts of prayer in 1 Timothy 2:1? Explain briefly what each one means.
- What important prerequisites to effective prayer do you find in these verses?
a. John 15:7
b. James 4:2, 3
c. John 14:14
d. Matthew 21:22
e. James 1:6
- What part does the Holy Spirit play in prayer? (See Romans 8:26, 27)
- What does it mean to be prepared to receive God's answers to your prayers?
- What promise does James 5:16 give us?
- A prayer journal is an effective way to record God's faithfulness in answering your prayers. Start a journal this week by recording your daily requests. Then enter God's answers as they come.
Group Discussion Questions
- Review the importance of prayer in the founding of Campus Crusade. What project is your group currently initiating (or already involved in)? How can you effectively mobilize your group to provide the prayer support you need?
- The Scripture commands us to "pray continually" (See 1 Thessalonians 5:17). Discuss with your group how you can make this a habit in your daily life.
- Share some of your creative ideas for quiet times and personal prayer times.
- Prayer changes things -- and people. By way of encouragement, share with your group an answer to prayer which you have experienced that has changed a situation or person.
- What are some specific prayer requests you want to believe God for? Share these with your group and identify some promises from Scripture that you can claim for each request.
- With your group, devise a prayer strategy to help fulfill the Great Commission in your community.
Adapted from the Transferable Concept: How You Can Love By Faith How You Can Pray with Confidence, by Dr. Bill Bright, co-founder of Campus Crusade for Christ. © Campus Crusade for Christ. All rights reserved.