God's Heart for the Poor Bible Study (DVD)
Here's Life Inner City's Compassion by Command Study
What is it?
- 3 DVDs including:
- 7 segments of video content, 1 hour each.
- Full-length version of God Bless the Child, a made-for-TV movie starring Academy Award® nominee Mare Winningham depicting a single mother’s slip from working poor to homelessness.
- 1 Resource DVD including:
- PDFs of reproducible leader’s guide and student guide.
- PDFs of promotional materials like posters and bulletin inserts.
- Related articles about poverty and God’s heart for the poor.
- Inspirational videos of real-life stories.
- Created by Here’s Life Inner City
How to use it:
Explore issues of poverty as a church or small group with this DVD-based Bible study. Lessons, dispersed over 7 weeks, include real-life profiles, clips of the film God Bless the Child and discussion questions. Included resources help promotion and preparation as well as following-up with group members after completing the study.
Why to use it:
- Biblically-based exploration of God’s perspective on the poor and the role of Christians in addressing issues of poverty.
- Focused on group discussion and application.
- Suitable for teens or adults.
- Useable in 7-week or 14-week format.
- Minimal leader preparation required.
Where to get it:
What people think:
“Compassion by Command was tremendous. We used it to train our youth to do homeless ministry, and it was very helpful.” Rich Seidler, New Jersey
“Going through Compassion by Command heightened my awareness about the importance of dignity in a poor person’s life. Through the study, I understood better the idea of helping the poor help themselves.” Susie Seel, Colorado