1) Read 1 Thessalonians. Underline the passages where you see the Apostle Paul mentoring new believers. For example:
- He prayed for them (1 Thessalonians 1:2, 3; 3:10-13).
- He spent time with them and encouraged them (1 Thessalonians 2:6-12).
- He encouraged their relationships with each other (1 Thessalonians 1:3; 3:6; 4:9,10; 5:11-15; 5:26-27).
- He sent another believer to mentor to them when he couldn't be there himself (1 Thessalonians 3:1,2).
2) Every day this week, ask God through prayer to show you a believer He wants you to invest in. Be open to mentoring a new believer or a struggling believer.
3) Read Have You Made the Wonderful Discovery of the Spirit-Filled Life? Read through the booklet out loud with another Christian.
4) Do you need help beginning the mentorship process? Learn how to communicate the answers to questions like:
- How can I be sure of my salvation?
- How do I pray?
- How do I read the Bible?
by using Cru's series of discipleship materials called Foundations. These studies provide conversational guides that can be used to communicate these concepts and much more. Anyone can use them by just following along, or you can consult the Leader's Guide for extra help.