The Love Dare
A 40-day challenge for spouses
What is it?
- A 240-page book
- 40 daily devotionals for spouses as featured in the popular new movie Fireproof.
- Created by Stephen Kendrick and Alex Kendrick, Sherwood Baptist Church of Albany, GA.
- Endorsed by FamilyLife
How to use it?
Surprise your mate or take the dare together. Apply daily challenges - love dares - that naturally flow from each day's presentation of Scripture and insight. For example: "For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all."
Why to use it?
- Works for people of all levels in their marital relationships
- Manageable: 10-15 minute per day devotions
- Highly practical -- For example: "Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day."
- Challenging: Simple dares able to shape habits, practices for life
- Applicable for both personal and marital growth
- Lessons rooted in Scripture
- Journaling space provided to log what you are learning, doing, and how your spouse is responding.
- Potential companion resource for small group use and accountability: men's, women's or couples' groups.
Where to get it?
What people think:
"The Love Dare book that helps carry the (Fireproof) plot might well be this year's Prayer of Jabez."
Michael Young, writer for the Dallas Morning News