Pay Level: $3929 per month min/U3IT L9
Department: JESUS Film
The Software Developer reporting to The JESUS Film Project Worldwide Evangelism Support System (WESS) Manager as part of the JESUS Film Project Integrated Technology group develops programs or modules according to design specifications and implements new programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Write code for needed programs and compile code into programs according to the designed specifications and using coding standards specified.
- Correct errors detected in compile process.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs accordingly.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Create unit test transactions and run tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- “Refactor” existing code for efficiency, readability, and maintainability
- Help with the install procedures as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Relational database concepts
- Object oriented principals
- SQL, Oracle PL/SQL and Delphi and other designated computer programming languages
- Debugging techniques
- Unit testing
- Principles of computer technology
- Principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming
- Technical aspects and advances in computer technology
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Read code created by others and understand what it does
- Dive into a large database application and come up swimming
- Use tools, ERDs, etc. to understand data relationships
- Provide careful attention to detail
- Apply principles and techniques of computer programming to specific user needs and problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in designated computer programming languages.
- Detect errors in data and program structure, logic, and coding.
- Debug code and resolve problems independently
- Write clear and concise programming documentation.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Meet time schedules and deadlines and plan and organize work.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field and 3-5 years experience in database programming or similar field.
- Five or more years experience in:
- Relational database application development for the Windows platform, preferably using Delphi
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development can be substituted for the degree.