The main steps in the process of taking a Short-Term International assignment (STINT) are:
- Complete all steps in the application process and receive confirmation of acceptance.
- Attend Stint/Intern Kick-Off Weekend in April.
- Develop a financial partnership team to cover the expenses associated with the assignment.
- Attend Stint Briefing in August.
- For teachers, attendance at a Pre-Field Orientation conference (PFO) is required.
- Contact International HR for specific dates and locations.
- It normally takes about 6-7 months from the time we receive a completed application (with all references) until a Stinter leaves for their assignment. (This includes processing, training, and support development.)
- If a second year is desired while on the field, you will be asked to fill out Re-Up papers.