What's Involved in Preparing to Serve Long-Term Internationally
Serving as an IR -- an International Representative
Application Deadlines for New Staff Training (Registration for NST is 6 weeks before NST begins.)
- September 1 - January/February training.
- January 1 - May training.
- February 1 - June/July training.
- May 1 - September training.
Making the Initial Application
- Fill out the HRX New Staff IR Application online.
- Once you complete and submit the application, you will be asked to complete an Elaboration Form
and attach it to your application.
- The references you provide in your application will receive an email with a link to fill in their
reference form, including instructions on how to send it back to us.
- We may ask you for additional information regarding your application.
- Every person joining the staff of Campus Crusade for Christ must have a personal interview. We will arrange for this interview to occur as close to your home area as possible.
International Placement Profile (IPP)
- You will be asked to complete the International Placement Profile (IPP). This will be mailed to you for completion.
- You will send the completed IPP to an outside evaluator. After we receive the results of your IPP, we will discuss the results with you as well as any other matters related to your international assignment. We will send you a summary sheet of the IPP for your records.
- There is a $325 processing fee. The fee will be calculated into your total support goals and will be deducted from your Campus Crusade account.
- It may take 4-6 weeks from the time we receive your completed application (which includes application, all references, elaboration form, new staff interview and IPP summary) for you to receive
a decision from the evaluator.
- Those applying for a teaching position in an international school must also receive acceptance from the school in which they wish to teach. This may require additional time.
- Placement will be decided in cooperation with the international leadership of Campus Crusade for Christ. Your specific placement may or may not be confirmed at the time of your international
New Staff Training
- If you are accepted to join Campus Crusade staff you will be expected to attend our New Staff Training. There are 4 training sessions held each year. The winter (January-February) and
summer (June-July) sessions are approximately 5 weeks in length. The spring (May) and fall (September) sessions held for Mid-Career New Staff (at least 28 year old) are 10 days long.
Ministry Partner Development (MPD)
- It is necessary that Campus Crusade for Christ staff raise the funds necessary to serve. New Staff will be given MPD materials to assist them in raising support, and may raise one-time support for the cost
of New Staff Training before the training occurs.
- A portion of New Staff Training will include training in developing your ministry partner team, and you may begin raising your monthly support after the conclusion of New Staff Training.
- Our Human Resource ConneXion (HRX) office will be helping to set your support goals and will find a coach to assist you in your MPD time.
- 100% of your support goals will need to be raised before reporting to your assignment.
Cross-Cultural Training (CCT)
- Cross-cultural Training is required for all staff serving as International Representatives (IR's). Children are required to attend CCT with their parents. The X-Track session runs during the months of June/July. It is recommended that you have 80% of your support raised before attending X-Track. Your MPD coach will work with you on when you attend.
- More specific information about X-Track will be mailed to you approximately 8 weeks prior to the beginning of the session that you will attend.
Clearance and Reporting to your International Assignment
You will be approved to leave for your assignment as soon as the following requirements are met:
- You have completed all required training (New Staff Training, CCT).
- Your monthly and special financial support goals are met.
- HRX gives you clearance to buy your tickets and depart.
Institute of Biblical Studies (IBS) Courses
The nature of the mission to which we have been called requires kingdom-workers to pursue ongoing Biblical and Theological development. There are eleven core courses offered through IBS which are required for every staff person to complete. New Staff are required to complete the “first year” courses before reporting to their first assignment. These 2 week courses are offered twice a year in January and June. Your MPD coach will work with you to schedule a time for you to complete the first year courses. The first year courses are Intro to Christian Theology, Bible Study Methods, and New Testament Survey.
If you have questions about the international application/placement procedure, please contact us.