Pay Level: IT3/9, negotiable
The UX Designer will be responsible for shaping the end-to-end user experience on our digital properties to align our constituents and motivate them towards our mission. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team of writers, editors, audio & video specialists and front-end developers to produce digital properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize various professional software tools/technologies to rapidly prototype and evaluate designs including wireframes, paper and interactive prototypes, storyboards, and polished screen mockups for new features on our digital properties.
- Create and assist in development of design and technical specifications.
- Produce sketches, designs, and layouts.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, systems interfaces and usability.
- Create a framework that results in a consistent visual communication strategy for our writers, editors, graphic designer and video producers that tells our story, builds the brand and motivates our constituents to increased involvement.
- Collaborate with content strategists, front-end developers and programmers to design Cru’s user experience to meet ministry brand objectives, usability studies, metrics, and real-time.
- Assist clients in seeing the impact and value of content and design strategies with social media, video, and animation.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of user-centered design and related design methodologies.
- Expand the Cru brand style guide to include guidelines for website design.
- Work in multiple development environments.
- Advocate usability best practices for internal and customer facing applications.
- Maintain expert knowledge current and emerging digital technologies & platforms, industry standards, developing trends, and UX/UI best practices, and apply them to our digital properties.
- Produce or commission visual design elements and/or content, including: original illustrations, photo shoots, animations, flash and video.
- Performs other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
- Strong knowledge of W3C recommendations, accessibility issues, and best practices.
- Master of web standards and design principles.
- Mastery of common tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Version Control, and Prototyping/Wireframing softwares.
- Strong design sensibilities: typography, composition, motion, and color theory.
- Leading design projects either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to tactfully facilitate meetings, requirement gathering, and status updates.
- Have a broad understanding of issues related to the cognitive, social, cultural, technological, and economic contexts for design.
- Expertly design to inform, inspire, educate, entertain, brand, market, and sell.
- Develop solutions that address diverse users/audiences and organizational direction.
- Understanding of and ability to connect social media and the evolving interactions between the web, people, and the organization.
- Ability to crate highly detailed wireframes.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic, and truly passionate for user-centered design and user experience.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree in HCI (Human Computer-Interaction), graphic/visual design, or related field equivalent work is a plus.
- Advanced experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks or professional equivalent.
- Advanced experience modern web application concepts and methods including (yet not limited to) user interfaces, image optimization, client side scripting, web accessibility standards, design & development standards, and cross-platform issues.
- Proven creative thinking and problem solving skills.
To apply for this position, please visit apply.ccci.org/20 and please be sure to complete the application in its entirety including your work history and educational/training background.