Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 6, $12.86/hr.min
Process operating reimbursements for U.S. and overseas staff. Analyze business purposes to make sure they meet Cru policy and IRS guidelines. Make sure required receipts are submitted and appropriate approval signatures are obtained. Create reports to track reimbursement information and research problems or outstanding issues by reviewing computer records and paper files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Log Operating Reimbursements and Advance requests into system, ensuring that each one is filled out completely.
- Determine if funds are coming out of an appropriate ministry account/chartfield and ensure that business purposes meet Cru policy and IRS guidelines.
- Make adjustments to Operating Reimbursement amount if needed and communicate the adjustments to the appropriate staff members.
- Make sure Check or direct deposit amount is correct and mail paper checks to staff members.
- Prepare reports to track Operating Reimbursement information for the ministry.
- Research problems by reviewing computer records and paper files; maintain contact with individual staff members regarding the status of specific reimbursements.
- Answer inquiries via telephone or e-mail from individual staff, ministry representatives, or others about the status and accuracy of reimbursements. Provide accurate information regarding Cru policy and IRS regulation.
- Identify which Operating Reimbursement advances are overdue to be cleared and send notification of overdue advances to staff members.
- Maintain paper files and pull old Operating Reimbursements out each year to send to storage.
- Serve as a back-up for other team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Financial and statistical record keeping techniques and alpha-numeric filing systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with others.
- Work independently with little direction or supervision.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Plan and organize work.
- Learn, apply and explain rules and policies related to reimbursements processing.
- Process and record records accurately.
- Basic research methods.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma plus at least 1 – 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.