Payroll Team Leader
Pay Level: Unit 3 Level 10, $3265/mo. min.
Under the direction of the Group Leader, lead the payroll Team, providing leadership and supervision for employees to ensure accurate and timely completion of payroll functions; participate in the decision making process regarding payroll related issues; plan, develop, and modify new systems and procedures for payroll processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build a strong team by providing direction, training, delegation, counsel and expertise to individual team members and the team as a whole.
- Help establish and track clear expectations, objectives and measures for the team.
- Provide ongoing feedback on performance issues and institute appropriate leadership techniques in order to continually improve the performance of the team and develop individual team members.
- Promote continual focus on exceeding customer expectations, process analysis and improvement and implementation of changes as necessary.
- Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and develop an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Interpret, explain and apply U.S. laws, procedures, and regulations pertaining to payroll.
- Preparation, maintenance, verification, and processing of payroll records.
- Principles and practices of administration, leadership, supervision, providing work direction, customer service and training.
- International tax issues
- PeopleSoft experience
- Interpersonal skills; tact, patience, courtesy and clear communication, while working cooperatively with others.
- Exhibit a committed relationship with Jesus Christ that is reflected in one’s daily life. A desire to grow in faith, character, and professional skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, plus three year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and at least two years of experience in leading and supervising others
- Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school plus associate degree in business related field, and four years experience of increasing payroll responsible
- Certified Payroll Professional (American Payroll Association) preferred but not required.