Payroll Specialist 2
Pay Level: Unit 2, Level 6, $12.61/hr. min.
Perform a variety of complex and technical payroll related duties to ensure our supported missionary staff members are paid according to established ministry guidelines and state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run on-cycle payroll for supported missionary staff and salaried staff twice per month.
- Set up New Staff and Interns on payroll. This includes, but is not limited to, processing New Staff Salary Calculation Forms, Intern Salary Setup Forms and W-4s.
- Prepare and process supplemental payroll off-cycle checks and adjustments as requested by supported missionary staff.
- Research and resolve problems or issues received via telephone, e-mail and in person regarding pay deductions, Salary Calculation Forms, new staff set-ups onto payroll and other pertinent payroll information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Learn, apply and explain rules and policies related to payroll processing
- Adhere to schedules and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills, communicating effectively both verbally and in writing
- Interpersonal skills; tact, patience, and courtesy while working cooperatively with others
- Advanced trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Work with confidentiality and discretion
- Exhibit a committed relationship with Jesus Christ that is reflected in one’s daily life and a desire to grow in faith, character, and professional skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
AA degree plus 1-3 years’ experience in payroll processing or related administrative functions or equivalent combination of education and experience.