Network Engineer 2
Pay Level: Negotiable
Provide Network and Telecom day to day support of the ministry’s Networks and VoIP infrastructure. Must have the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot route and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN. Basic mitigation of security threats, wireless networking, and the use of these protocols: IP, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), VLANs, Ethernet, access control lists (ACLs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Select, connect, configure, trouble shoot various networking devices
- Perform hardware/software upgrades and other network maintenance. Includes: Extending Switched Networks with VLANS, Determining IP Routes
- Perform daily support for the VoIP infrastructure including Call Manager, Phone support and troubleshooting VoIP issues.
- Configure and manage fundamental implementations of Cisco firewalls, as an enterprise level Internet security solution to protect public and internal networks
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Monitor network activity and implement measures to meet Service Levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 years proven experience in maintaining and troubleshooting LAN/WAN/VoIP networks in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of Cisco networks including routers, switches, firewalls
- Knowledge of VPN technology and management of VPN devices
- Knowledge of Video Conferencing and supporting Video Networks.
- Knowledge of Cisco VoIP infrastructures and components.
- Knowledge of wireless services and how they interface in networks.
- Experience in Network Management Tools
- Knowledge of implementing and maintenance procedures – ITIL.
VERBAL AND WRITTEN SKILLS:
Excellent planning and organizational skills (Oral and Written) with an ability to work independently
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or Business Management or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive technical training in all facets of telecommunications or network support.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Minimum CCNA or equivalent experience