Network Engineer 1
Pay Level: Negotiable
Provide day-to-day support of the ministry’s Network, Telecom and VoIP infrastructure
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Select, connect, configure, trouble shoot various network devices
- Perform hardware/software upgrades and other network maintenance.
- Perform daily support for the VoIP infrastructure including Call Manager, phone support and troubleshooting VoIP and Call Center issues.
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues
- Monitor systems and network activity and implement measures to meet service levels
- Support development and creation of functional documentation, including topologies, standard operation procedures, service management documents, change control documents, etc.
- Support implementation of business best practices
- Four-year College Degree, preferably in a related field such as Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, or Computer Science or comparable networking experience.
- 0 – 2 years’ experience in maintaining and troubleshooting LAN/WAN/Telecom /VoIP networks in an enterprise environment.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CCNA, CCNA-V, CCNP, CCVP
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE:
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, Telecom Technologies
- Knowledge of Video Conferencing and supporting Video Networks
- Knowledge of Cisco VoIP infrastructures and components
- Knowledge of Cisco network devices including routers, switches, firewalls
- Knowledge of wireless services and how they interface in networks
- Experience with Network Management Tools
- Experience implementing maintenance procedures
- Experience with service delivery, process management, project management and implementation, ITIL