Subtitle Technician/Administrative Assistant
The JESUS Film Project
Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 7 Starting Pay $14.25
Under the direction of the Master Studio Process Manager/Logistics Team Leader and Video Operations Manager, receive and process requests for new Master Studio language subtitle requests, preparing subtitle assets for use in version automation. Assist the Video Operations Manager and Partnership Development team by performing a variety of administrative, receptionist and secretarial duties in a detailed manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use Aegisub subtitle software to format, edit and correct subtitle text, ensuring subtitle assets are properly ingested into Master Studio version process.
- Arrange for transcription of script for subtitle use with partners / vendors with input from Language Production Manager.
- Arrange for EMAC MP4 approval of assets with appropriate staff as designated by Language Production Manager.
- Be responsible for multiple ongoing subtitle projects at any given time.
- Utilize a computer to enter data, prepare reports, and prepare correspondence or other purposes. Compose correspondence; report information in person or by telephone where judgment, knowledge and interpretation of policies and regulations may be necessary. Distribute report information to appropriate Managers and Directors.
- Arrange and schedule a variety of meetings and conferences; establish and maintain complex interrelated filing systems; create a project schedule and manage timelines.
- Review and proof documents, records and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable rules and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced operations of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Google Mail.
- Basic video and audio nomenclature.
- Project scheduling and timeline management.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Able to make decisions and handle difficult situations with tact and professionalism.
- Strong organization skills a must.
- Work confidentially and independently with discretion.
- Perform responsible and complex written work with speed and accuracy.
- Type 60 wpm
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A 2-year Associates’ degree with 3-5 years of experience in office management or secretarial position. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Comfortable working with computers, audio & video. Technical media training preferred.