THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
Pay Level: (IT2/6) Starting Pay $16.00/hr
The software engineering assistant will assist the various Jesus Film Media engineers in various technical tasks to take the load off the engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversight of different languages that have been sent to Arclight including, deactivate languages, oversight of new versions and activating, knowing status of each language.
- Manage and create new 3rd party products into Arclight. This would include working 3rd party, review video formats, and create required CSV files and testing sample products.
- Develop and update technical documentation to help keep Arclight documentation updated, writing business requirements and notes from meeting minutes.
- Provide project management product timeline and requirements document, WESS product into Arclight management.
- Liaison between requirements and developer to get clarification on work that needs to get done.
- Create performance test scenarios for load testing of Jesus Film systems.
- Champion getting team to use Trello task tracking software.
- Monitor and do the monthly billing for Rackspace.
- Research projects to find better technology solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Software engineering, documentation, CSV files, FTP, high-level technical concepts like data relationships, connecting how APIs look/work, basic understanding of Google analytics, ability to look at database tables and do some simple queries, capacity and interest in learning new software and work routines quickly, proficient in MS Office tools and general working knowledge of software and applications.
- Ability to look at data / tables using tool like phpMyAdmin and run simple SQL queries/updates.
- Ability to run videos against tools to confirm video format (i.e. Media Inspector).
- Ability to create CSV files, based on a template.
- Good communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and document them and ask questions.
- Ability to work proficiently in MS Office tools and general working knowledge of software and applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Engineering or computer science background is desired. No degree required but must have a software engineering background to understand the technical systems. Part time person working towards a degree would be preferred.