THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
Pay Level: U3 L10, Negotiable
Leads, directs the work of others, and assists in the creation, maintenance, securing and optimization of ministry owned web properties. Also assists with other Internet-related projects and departmental duties as assigned including mentoring junior developers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and develop websites/web-applications ensuring strong optimization and functionality.
- Maintain existing web-based applications including, optimizing, securing, content updates, functionality modifications, and other enhancements.
- Integrates 3rd party web-applications into current and new coding projects such as shopping carts, 3rd party API’s, and content management systems.
- Creates, maintains, and optimizes databases used to drive dynamic websites/web-applications.
- Keeps documentation current to describe site/application development, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Configures new web server deployments.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises code as necessary.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about websites and web-applications.
- Consults with clients to gather information about project/task needs, objectives, functions, and features.
- Trains/mentors other departmental staff to help develop their developer skillsets.
- Researches web technology solutions, documents findings, and presents findings to leadership.
- Direct the work of others & completes other departmental tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Web server setup, maintenance, and optimization.
- Web frameworks, content management systems, and shopping carts.
- Designated web programming languages.
- Researching and presenting new technologies.
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Basic UI design principles.
- Proficient with PHP
- PHP MVC frameworks and content management systems
- MODx, Wordpress, Symfony
- Proficient with SQL/MySQL
- LAMP stack installation, setup, administration (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Experience with Nginx is a plus
- Experience with streaming video related technology is a plus (protocols, players, video management).
- Experience with source control systems is a plus – SVN, Git
- Document, code, implement, and deploy a new web project.
- Remotely login to servers via command line, restart services, and configure applications.
- Use web server management software and administer web server resources (e.g. Plesk).
- Learn new software/technologies and use proficiently.
- Demonstrate proficiency in designated programming languages and web applications
- Oversee a web project from conception to design to development to production deployment.
- Troubleshoot problems, isolate the issues, and implement a resolution.
- Grow in knowledge of web and Internet related technologies.
- Assist others with troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Work confidentially.
- Work cooperatively on a team.
- Mentor a less experienced or novice web developer.
- Meet time schedules and deadlines and plan and organize work.
- Multitask and manage multiple priorities.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred and four to five years experience in web development and web administration of increasing complexity, or equivalent combination of education and experience.