Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 7 $14.53/hr.
The Writer 2 facilitates effective, motivating communication of a complex nature for major donors of The JESUS Film Project® and meets as requested for training, team building, assignment designation, and report status updates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop skills for information management, appropriate for this position. This may include:
- Analyzing and tracking the flow of information and communications
- Creating and maintaining records of available information
- Learning and utilizing the WESS database
- Prompt delivery of requested/necessary information to IRM
- Seeking to maximize all international news/information both inside and outside the FIS department
- Write accurate, thorough, quality donor reports by the deadline determined by the Information Coordinator, Reporting Team Supervisor and International Reporting Manager.
- Research report information as requested by the Information Coordinator, Reporting Team Supervisor and International Reporting Manager.
- Gather available information, from internal and external sources, that may be pertinent to assigned reports. This may include unsupervised international travel for up to 2 weeks in length, 1-3 times per year.
- Establish and develop critical relationships with other JFP staff both domestically and internationally in order to effectively identify, develop and write complex and detailed reports for major donors.
- Design and produce quality layout for reports by the deadline determined by the Information Coordinator, Reporting Team Supervisor and International Reporting Manager.
- Maintain computer file order in WESS and THE NEW REPORTING SYSTEM.
- Assist in the production of donor reports including: compiling and formatting written material received from within the office or from the field, transcribing, selecting photos/writing captions, producing cover, prayer lists and thank you pages, collating, binding, distributing and filing reports.
- Interview information sources as needed, in the office as well as in the field. Attend scheduled Field Strategy Team meetings and build relationships with appropriate team members. Attend international JFP conferences as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The successful candidate will possess analytic skills to handle complex information management.
- She/he will also possess advanced journalistic skills, advanced interviewing skills, photography skills, desktop publishing experience or ability.
- She/he must have the ability to work with sensitive information confidentially and with discretion at a high level.
- Adapt to constant change, work with diplomacy, and demonstrate excellent people and relationship-building skills.
- She/he must also have an understanding of and commitment to the mission and purpose of The JESUS Film Project and Cru.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree (preferably in English or communications) with three year experience or equivalent work experience and writing experience is required. Experience living/in ministry overseas is preferred, but not required.