Pay Level: U2 L7, $13.87/hour min.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, in collaboration with Campus Crusade for Christ, International “CCCI” General Counsel’s Office “GCO,” manage the legal documents (contracts, license agreements, permissions and rights; etc.) related to production and use of JESUS Film Project “JFP” resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare legal documents, including but not limited to: Duplication and Distribution, Broadcasting uses of the various JFP media formats (TV, Internet, Radio, etc.), Clips/Still/Audio usage, New Products, Production Agreements (Music, Studio, Actor, etc), Works for Hire, Amendments, Memorandums of Understanding and other legal documents as assigned, for all Departments within JFP.
- Take responsibility for the tasks and projects associated with organization, assistance, review, maintenance, administration, tracking and correspondence related to legal documents.
- Work with GCO to write, rewrite and flexibly adapt legal documents and templates within the purposes of JFP in order to fulfill the mission and principles of CCCI and JFP globally.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of ministry procedures and operations. Must also have an understanding of and commitment to the mission and purpose of JFP.
- Work closely with JFP leadership and CCCI GCO to keep current on policies and procedures, and to ensure data is captured and incorporated as needed.
- Perform copyright, trademark and legal research for GCO. Coordinate renewals of legal documents.
- Represent “permission to use” requests and legal requirements in the regular Media Review Board “MRB" meetings, providing information and influence for policy making and precedent setting decisions.
- Once qualified (after gaining knowledge, experience and understanding of JFP and MRB policies and procedures) assume leadership of the MRB meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Requires frequent use of discernment and judgment to work independently toward general results, devising methods, modifying or adapting standard procedures to meet different conditions, or making decisions based on precedent and ministry policy.
- Must be well organized and able to multi-task, detail oriented and capable of working under pressure with time constraints and deadlines, able to handle changes to schedules and job priorities with diplomacy.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity in order to discern handling of confidential, sensitive or secure information.
- Must have great oral and written communication skills, be an effective listener and communicator, and know correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary, as well as proofing and editing skills.
- Must have thorough knowledge of practices and excellent computer skills using current Microsoft Office applications (including Access, Word, Excel, and Outlook) as well as learn internal software and systems.
- Perform a wide variety of complex duties with high degree of speed and accuracy.
- Must be able to type 60 WPM.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
AA or Bachelor's degree (Paralegal or Legal Secretary certification preferred) plus 3 to 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.