THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 7, starting Pay $14.40
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Language processing and staff development under the direction of the Master Studio Logistics Manager, ensure language versions (paper work, media & data) move smoothly through Post-production processes and that the WESS database is properly updated and data is accurate. This includes serving as a check point for all phase information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Receive & process new language version folders from the Master Studio Language Production Team, Chiang Mai Studio, process partnership productions such as VMS, and other partners as needed per established standards.
- Track language versions daily through Master Studio department phases. Enter start & end dates and comments in WESS database. Ensure handoffs are successful and all versions continue to progress from “Recording Archive” to “Completed”.
- Ensure progressive movement and accuracy of paperwork & media associated with all WESS phases. Work with stakeholders to resolve version problems. Keep Language Processing Specialist manual up to date.
- Work with Audio Team Leader to process new recordings posted for studio staff and version correction requests.
- Ensure accurate data through running & reviewing periodic database reports.
- Maintain reports by meeting with persons who send out reports derived from WESS and provide training to these persons as needed.
- Inform Audio Team Leader, or Logistics Team Leader of non-standard recordings to procure direction to proceed. Implement changes and direction as needed while keeping appropriate staff informed.
- Manage language version paper filing system and assist with plans to move to electronic forms & documents in the future.
- Assist with Master Studio project management initiatives as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced computer operation, including word processing, spreadsheets, project management and other related computer software.
- Organization, policies and rules of assigned department or program.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Quality record keeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Effective oral and written communication techniques
- Principles and practices of administration, and training
- Use PC to perform all functions of Microsoft Office, including MS Project, Google email & tools.
- Produce typical accounting reports to track budgets & spending.
- Produce WESS database queries & reports as needed.
- Learn and communicate ministry organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written format.
- Make decisions and handle difficult situations with tact and professionalism.
- Review & proof documents for accuracy.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Plan and organize work, managing multiple projects.
- Train staff on inter-office process and procedure.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Protect confidential information.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
- Maintain quality control standards.
- Contribute innovation ideas for future work flow and processes.
- Execute problem-solving techniques.
- Handle pressure of deadlines, multiple projects and a variety of personalities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, communications or related field and two years experience in office/ project management and data base interaction. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.