Administrative Assistant to the Director of Development and Marketing
The JESUS Film Project
Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 7 Starting Pay $14.25
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Administrative Assistant to the Director of Development and Marketing. Relieve the directors of time consuming administrative tasks, interface with the office personnel and serve as an anchor when they travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage email, mail, calendar, correspondence and filing on behalf of the directors.
- Schedule and provide for meeting preparation and minutes, both internal and external.
- Interface closely with all staff, to include attending to the distribution and coordination of information needed by others in development and marketing.
- Make travel arrangements, including hotel and car reservations.
- Clear expense accounts and tracking/paying invoices for the directors.
- Be available for miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Director of Development and Marketing.
- Schedule time for ongoing training to sharpen and update computer and office skills.
- Handle emailing system for mass marketing emails and create/manage reports from internal programs for development and marketing
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Ministry organization, operation, policies and objectives
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training
- Advanced personal computer operation, including word processing,
- Spreadsheets, and database management
- Editing and proofing skills
- 50-60 WPM
- Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate high proficiency with Windows based software and ability to learn company software programs
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relations with others at all levels of the organization, internal and external
- Analyze situations accurately and determine an effective course of action
- Plan and organize work
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Work independently with little direction or supervision
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Two year degree in business administration or a communications related field and at least three years experience in executive or administrative assistant position. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Non-Profit ministry experience desired but not necessary.