Administrative Assistant III, JFMT-Specific
The JESUS Film
(This is a temporary position)
Pay Level: AA3 (UN2/7)$13.87
Under the general direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a wide variety of complex administrative, clerical, typing, and secretarial duties. Incumbents in the Administrative Assistant III class perform complex duties for top-level administrators involving large departments or highly visible and broad administrative functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Administrative Assistant to the JFMT Senior Department manager, relieving him/her of a variety of technical and administrative duties; assist others as directed.
- Daily check, sort, and respond to manager’s emails, and maintain Outlook calendar and schedule
- Processing and submitting credit card expense reports and other financial transactions regularly
- Prepare agendas for meetings
- Track and process ministry trips.
- Sends out monthly JFMT Trip list calendar,
- Updates maintenance list for JFMT equipment, checking out JFMT equipment, making sure equipment is functioning, repaired and replaced as needed
- Collect and compile statistical and financial data and other information for inclusion into special and periodic reports; revise schedules, reports, records and other information as necessary
- Make sure office machines and equipment are properly running at all times (corporate office machines, JFMT printers, technology devices). Contact IT or repair services as needed when items need repair.
- Make reservations and travel arrangements; process a variety of travel and expense forms.
- Prepare and type a variety of correspondence, agendas, emails, memoranda, reports, meeting minutes and other materials; including material of a confidential nature.
- Must also have an understanding of and commitment to the mission and purpose of The JESUS Film Project and specifically JESUS Film Mission Trips.
- KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Operation, procedures and precedents of JFMT office
- Advanced knowledge of word processing and modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Ministry organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Advanced oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- ABILITY TO:
- Perform a wide variety of complex administrative, clerical, typing and secretarial duties with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
- Learn and apply policies and procedures involved in assigned activities.
- Type at 60 words net per minute from clear copy.
- Work with other department Administrative Assistants.
- Plan and organize work, set own priorities, and meet schedules and time lines.
- Utilize the computer to perform advanced-level word processing functions including complex formatting of documents.
- Train and provide support to the team as directed.
- Work confidentially and with discretion.
- Anticipate and act on the needs of the supervisor and the department.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to: two years college level work in office management and five years experience in secretarial or office management positions of increasing responsibility.