Administrative Assistant 3
The JESUS Film Project, New Media Department
Pay Level: $13.47/hr.min U2, L7
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Under the general direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a wide variety of administrative complex clerical duties working for the Director of New Media. Incumbents in the Administrative Assistant III class perform complex duties for top-level administrators involving large departments or highly visible and broad administrative functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but other duties may be assigned,
- Serve as Administrative Assistant to the Director and Leadership Team of New Media, relieving them of a variety of technical and administrative duties; assist others as directed.
- Take and transcribe dictation, including material of a confidential nature; prepare, type and record a variety of correspondence, agendas, memoranda, reports, meeting notes, contracts and materials.
- Prepare reports, prepare correspondence, PowerPoint presentations; Make travel arrangements for Leadership Team members.
- Track and administer calendar for New Media Director, arrange and schedule a variety of meetings and conferences.
- Establish and maintain complex interrelated filing systems.
- Provide support and guidance to department as assigned.
- Provide stability and order to the department.
- Advanced operations and techniques of word processing and other modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Type at 60 words net per minute from clear copy.
- Train and provide support to others.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Work independently and demonstrate discernment and develop judgment to anticipate and act on the needs of the supervisor and the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to: two years college level work in office management and three to five years experience in secretarial or office management positions of increasing responsibility.