Pay Level: Unit 3 Level 12 $4196/mo. min.
The scope of internal audit specifically encompasses the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the Ministry’s governance, risk management processes, systems of internal and administrative controls, and the quality of the Ministry’s performance in discharging assigned responsibilities to achieve the Ministry’s stated goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform audits as assigned by team leader or Director of OAS
- Assist the Senior Auditors in the performance of their audits when requested by the team leader or Director of OAS
- Prepare audit reports to be presented to the auditee, Cru leadership and the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Assist the external auditors if requested by the chief financial officer and approved by the Director of OAS.
- Review the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information.
- Review the systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, contracts, procedures, and regulations which could have a significant effect on the operations and financial reports (and where non-compliance would otherwise risk significant adverse financial, legal, donor, or public media impact on the Ministry’s world-wide movement), and reporting whether the Ministry is in compliance in a manner that actively manages and mitigates risk.
- Review the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets.
- Review the economy and efficiency with which personnel and financial resources are employed.
- Review operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned and prescribed.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the Ministry’s identification of controllable and non-controllable risk and the appropriateness of its risk management systems.
- Seek out and attend continuing education courses to build upon current expertise
- Proficiently use Word and Excel
- Learn ACL, AuditLeverage and similar applications
- Work confidentially and be highly self motivated
- Effectively interact with people outside Internal Audit
- Travel periodically overnight
- Meet schedules and time lines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years experience