CrossRoads, Administrative Assistant 3 (Part-time)
20-25 hours per week
Pay Level: $13.47/hr.min U2, L7
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a wide variety of complex clerical, typing, stenographic and secretarial duties for an administrator level Director. Incumbents in the Administrative Assistant III class perform complex duties for top-level administrators involving large departments or highly visible and broad administrative functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Serve as Administrative Assistant to a Department-level Director, relieving the Director of a variety of technical and administrative duties; assist others assigned to the Director by performing secretarial and clerical duties as required.
- Transcribe dictation, including material of a confidential nature; prepare and type a variety of correspondence, agendas, memoranda, reports, minutes, contracts and other materials; record and transcribe minutes from a variety of meetings.
- Utilize a computer to enter data, prepare reports, and prepare correspondence or other purposes.
- Arrange and schedule a variety of meetings and conferences; establish and maintain complex interrelated filing systems.
- Communicate between the Director and staff, the public or, other Ministry officials.
- Compose correspondence; review and proof documents, records and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable rules and regulations.
- Identify and refer matters to the assigned Director or staff member in order of priority.
- Schedule appointments, screen phone calls and refer to appropriate staff members.
- Communicate with Ministry and outside sources to resolve problems, schedule meetings, provide or receive information, schedule maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Make travel arrangements, send out annual reports, and perform special projects as assigned.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced operations and techniques of Microsoft Office and other office-related computer software.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Type at 60 words net per minute from clear copy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: two years college level work in office management and three years experience in secretarial or office management positions of increasing responsibility.