Computer Programmer (Ruby on Rails)
Pay Level: Negotiable
The Software Engineer will be responsible to quickly develop high-quality interactive web applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will participate in the design and coding of end-to-end applications including database models, application logic, and presentation layers. Our technology stack includes Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and JQuery
- Adapt the right technologies to solve business problems.
- Produce high-quality, standards-compliant code
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Mac OS X or another *NIX
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML5 exposure preferred
- Android / iOS development a plus
- An eye for design / CSS would also be helpful
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics or related field or equivalent years of professional work experience, and at least 1 years’ experience in computer programming positions of increasing complexity, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience can be met through internships (paid or unpaid). One or more years’ experience in developing in Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, PHP, or any "next gen" scripting language.